Our 40 acre park complex is designed to support a variety of sports and community activities.
The Eagle River Lions Clubhouse at Mile 1.5 Eagle River Road is owned by the Club, on land leased from the State of Alaska. The buildings primary purpose is to support the functions of The Eagle River Lions, the Sleeping Lady Mountain Lions, and Scout Troop 230; when not in use, it is available to the public for private events. We have tried to keep the costs down as much as possible; however as all maintenance, utilities, insurance and improvements are paid for by the Club, it is necessary to charge for these events. We have found that most facilities suitable for weddings and banquets in the area, including Anchorage, are far more expensive and have very strict time limits. We do our best to make the Lions Clubhouse a user-friendly facility.
- These are free on a first come, first serve basis. We DO NOT reserve them or charge fees (although if you want to make a donation, give us a call). There are picnic tables and charcoal grills onsite.
THE BUILDING AND EQUIPMENT:
- Plenty of free, mostly level and paved, parking
- The Main room is approximately 3500 sq feet with 10 foot ceilings and is at ground level (no stairs)
- Ceiling is suspended tile, walls are drywall with exposed steel beams, floor is painted concrete
- Fire marshals capacity: 250
- There are 24 8’ rectangular tables and 20 5’ round tables (we do not provide tablecloths)
- Approximately 150 good chairs, and 100 more “functional” chairs
- Dumpster is on site and garbage bags and cans are provided
- Building is handicapped accessible/friendly
- Lighting is standard fluorescent or recessed spotlights on a dimmer
- PA system with a single hard wired microphone is always available, and the system also has a single tray CD player and cassette player
- The kitchen (available for an additional fee) contains:
- Three ovens
- Two range tops and one grill
- Three door commercial refrigerator
- Six sinks
- Ice machine
- More than 40 feet of counter space
- Utensils, pots pans, dishes, silverware, etc.
- The backroom storage area (approx 60’ X 20’) has an overhead door and is often used for a staging or auction area
- Bar service is available on request
- The upstairs is not available for public use.
- At time of rental restroom facilities will be clean and stocked with paper products/soap – additional supplies are in the downstairs hallway
- The Lions Club may be able to cater your event if you wish – if we do, there will be no charge for the kitchen, and possibly no charge other than a per plate fee, depending on menu, time of the year and the manpower we have available